Industrial robots are inseparable from present-day production environments. They are used to efficiently conduct unsafe, repeating and unpleasant tasks. Studies have shown that accidents occur primarily during non-routine work such as finding a malfunction or fixing a blockage in the machine. During a lot of these activities the person is within reach of the robot, with which an unexpected start of the robot can lead to injuries.
In this training all aspects of robot safety based on ISO 10218 will be covered. The training will also touch on the associated CE marking test. The training is meant for everybody that is responsible for the purchase, design, construction or management of robot systems. You will learn about the common risks and their accompanying risk reducing measures, with which these systems can be made safe without limiting their availability and productivity.
- Basic regulations and CE marking of robotic systems.
- Common risks in a robot cell.
- Basics of robot safety from the ISO 10218-1 and -2 norms.
- Performing risk assessments and accompanying risk reducing measures on robot systems based on practical examples.
- Application and validation of safety systems for safe access of robot systems.
- Technical personnel tasked with supervision of robot systems, machine designers and robot controllers.
- Maintenance personnel
- HSE managers
- Engineering managers
- Project engineers in production environments
Knowledge about machine safety and process automation.
This course is organised in collaboration with PILZ.