Programme Manager RoboValley
We believe in a future where technology and people work together in symbiosis.
The RoboValley team is looking for a driven Programme Manager with an above-average interest in realising innovations through robotics and artificial intelligence applications. RoboValley is an engineering community on the TU Delft campus. It is the place where companies, scientists, startups and students work together to realise new innovations for society. You will work in a dynamic team of professionals who are jointly responsible for the daily activities within RoboValley. You will be responsible for managing ongoing innovation projects, maintaining a number of European collaborations and developing new sustainable partnerships with public and private resources.
You have gained quite some experience in recent years and for your next step you are looking for an independent job in which you will contribute your own ideas, in an inspiring environment. As programme manager in our team, you will act as the central point of contact for all stakeholders in both new and ongoing collaborations. You get energised by new challenges and convert that energy into realising sustainable relationships and programmes with public and private parties. You give structure to projects through your coordination and periodic reports. Thanks to your enthusiasm, everyone in the project is motivated and knows where they stand. The result: meaningful robotics innovations that are implemented in, for example, manufacturing, healthcare or food processes.
You will be working for the RoboValley Foundation on the Campus of Delft University of Technology, the place where companies, scientists, startups and students work together to realise robotics innovations for society. We are an ambitious and sociable team and enjoy doing things together. We are driven to make people’s lives better thanks to smart robots. The atmosphere is informal, with plenty of room for your own initiatives. Everyone is super motivated to realise our societal mission together.
We need you
Because you are…
- energetic and structured when organising workshops;
- independent and a real team player;
- a connector of diverse parties;
- a strategic doer, proactive and able to think commercially;
- enthusiastic about meaningful innovations.
In addition, you have…
- experience in applying for public projects;
- experience with multi-stakeholder trajectories;
- a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
- fluency in the Dutch and English language.
Because we’re happy with you, we offer you:
- A fixed-term employment contract (1 year) with the prospect of renewal;
- A role with a 26 to 32 hours per week commitment (0.6 – 0.8 fte);
- The salary depends on knowledge and experience with a minimum of € 2,709,- and a maximum of € 4,274,- gross per month for a full-time appointment.
- A good pension scheme through the ABP pension fund;
- In addition to holiday pay in May, you will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% in December. Your employment is with the RoboValley Foundation;
- 25 days’ holiday in the case of a full-time appointment, in addition to public holidays;
- Company phone;
- Travel costs compensation (max 60km per working day).
We find a good work-life balance very important. You can therefore make flexible working arrangements and work from home. Parental leave is partially paid. This position has a lot of independence, freedom and room for ownership on projects. It is a dynamic work environment where many innovative projects are set up. Our characteristic building is easily accessible by car and public transport.
RoboValley stimulates the development of cognitive robotics by providing workspace and housing for robotic companies and startups, by giving access to venture capital and accelerator programmes for the most promising robotic and AI technologies, and by connecting all relevant parties working in the field of robotics through concrete collaborative projects.
At RoboValley’s fieldlab RoboHouse organisations can test and develop new applications for robotics. For all these activities RoboValley works closely with the TU Delft Robotics Institute (200+ researchers), other experts, entrepreneurs and decision makers in both the public and private sector.
The function is available immediately.
For more information about this position, please contact:
Please send us your resume and short motivation no later than 31 July 2020, via firstname.lastname@example.org
“I was warmly welcomed by my new colleagues. Everyone around me inspires me enormously. From the infinite knowledge of engineers at the startups, to the impressive hospitality of the people at the reception. Although everyone is of course very busy, there is no hesitation to help if you run into problem. That motivates me to get the most out of myself! I may still lack knowledge in many technical areas, but this has not held me back at all. I have experienced so many events already and made so many new contacts since I joined.”
Casper, Community Manager since January 2020