Communication specialist | Delft (0.6 – 1.0fte)
As the communication expert in our team, you will act as “a spider in the web”, making connections across the RoboValley network to create and disseminate stories about all our activities and milestones. You will produce fresh and relevant content for all our target groups: from start-ups, to large companies and anyone interested in innovation. You have a nose for news, enjoy writing blogs and news stories. You know how to translate complex technologies into interesting articles that are relevant to a wide audience. An explanation of a new innovation is not enough: you are able to describe the impact. You think about the strategic deployment and optimisation of our channels which include website, press releases, social media, newsletter, etc.
You will work for the RoboValley Foundation located on the Campus of Delft University of Technology, a community where companies, scientists, start-ups and students together realise robotics innovations for society. You will work in a dynamic team of professionals who are jointly responsible for the daily activities within RoboValley, developing new collaborations and events. We are an ambitious and sociable team and enjoy doing things together. We are driven to make people’s lives better thanks to smart robots. The atmosphere is informal, with plenty of room for your own initiatives. Everyone is super motivated to achieve the goals we have created together.
We need you because you’re someone who…
- is able to develop stories of science;
- is innovative and creative and can plan and organise;
- is a communications strategist;
- can work independently and is a real team player;
- is a true strategic doer, proactive and able to think commercially;
- shakes up copy and makes every subject relevant;
- becomes enthusiastic about technical innovations.
In addition, you have…
- an excellent command of the English language;
- at least a basic understanding of the Dutch language;
- experience in dealing with the press;
- preferably an academic background;
- at least two years’ experience in a similar position.
We are happy to have you in the team, so we offer:
- A fixed-term employment (1 year) with a view to permanent employment;
- A position with a size of 24 to 40 hours per week (0.6 – 1.0 fte);
- A good salary based on scale 10 of the collective agreement (CAO) for Dutch Universities with a minimum of € 2,709 and a maximum of € 4,274 gross per month for a full-time appointment. You will be graded on the basis of knowledge and experience;
- A good pension scheme through the ABP pension fund;
- In addition to holiday pay in May, you will receive an end-of-year bonus of 8.3% in December. Your employment is with the RoboValley Foundation;
- 25 holidays in the case of a full-time appointment, in addition to national holidays;
- Business telephone;
- Travel allowance.
A good work-life balance is important to us. You can therefore make agreements about flexible working hours, working from home. Parental leave is partially paid. This position offers a lot of independence, freedom and room for ownership of projects. It is a dynamic work environment where we set up many innovative projects. Our characteristic building is easily accessible by car and public transport.
About our inspiring foundation
RoboValley stimulates the development of cognitive robotics by providing workspace and housing for robotic companies and start-ups, by providing access to venture capital and accelerator programmes for the most promising robotic and AI technologies, and by connecting all relevant parties working in the field of robotics through concrete collaborative projects.
In RoboValley’s field lab RoboHouse, organisations can test and develop new applications for robotics. In all these activities, RoboValley works closely with TU Delft Robotics Institute (200+ researchers), other experts, entrepreneurs and decision makers in both the public and private sectors.
The position is available immediately.
For more information about the function, please contact us:
Please send you CV and a cover letter, explaining your motivation, by 25 March 2020 via email@example.com